A variety of unique classes and countless character creation options ensure you are in full control.
The classes of Revelation Online are:
- Assassin: The Assassin is a melee expert that strikes at the perfect moment, ambushing unsuspecting foes with a flurry of knives. Secondary chain weapons make this class equally formidable at mid-range, as well.
- Blademaster: As secondary tanks and close combat specialists they combine their twin blade damage with escape skills allowing them to cut through wave after wave of enemies. Their heavy reliance on melee attacks leaves them open to ranged attacks.
- Gunslinger: With high precise damage they hunt down individual targets from afar or use advanced weaponry for mid-range deterrence. Gunslingers have few control skills and are less effective in close combat.
- Occultist: They deliver a wide variety of dark offensive spells, from damage-over-time, to area-of-effect attacks, to those that deal damage while siphoning enemy health. Occultists can directly heal allies as well.
- Spirit Shaper: As summoners and healers they are relatively easy to play and have great survival skills. They are highly sought after on teams for their support and deceitfully high damage output.
- Swordmage: While wielding a falchion they are focused on powerful magic damage, specializing in area of effect spells. They invest all of their energy in sharpened elemental magic, leaving them relatively vulnerable to focused attacks.
- Vanguard: These steel walls rely on melee combat. Their chief strength is surviving battles of attrition, rather than dealing burst damage.
Players can pick their own play style by freely distributing points to their core character attributes like strength and dexterity past level 40. All classes have diverse skill sets, with over 20 unique skills, which can be further upgraded past level 49 to match the chosen play style. Players are in full control over their class progression.